by nathan oster
Midway Golf Course was the big winner of a fundraising “fun day” on Saturday, as 19 four-person teams teed off in a benefit that was organized and carried out by Cliff Fink and the crew at the Greybull Body Shop.
A scramble format was used.
First place went to the team of Dave Walton, Carl Olson, Jeremy Walton and Kim Daubert.
Lonnie Koch, Rosemary Koch, Wyatt Farwell and Eddie Johnson captured second place.
Third went to the foursome of Ryan Lipp, Matt Lipp, Todd Lipp and Aubrey Owen.
Ten different golfers won pin prizes, including:
- Joshua Bria, a gift certificate to Murdoch’s for having the longest drive;
- Dave Walton, gift certificate to Los Gabanes, longest putt on Hole No. 6;
- Pat Pasquinelli, cash, closest to pin on Hole No. 2;
- Curt Massey, cash, closest to pin on Hole No. 7;
- Mike Blissett, gift certificate to Probst Western Wear, closest to the line on Hole No. 3;
- Carl Olson, cash, closest to the pin in three;
- Rosemary Koch, gift certificate to Overland Express Mart, longest putt on Hole No. 4;
- Carol Swain, gift certificate to TFG A&W, shortest drive on Hole No. 9;
- Jack Woods, cash, closest to the pin in three on Hole No. 5;
- Joe Espinoza, gift certificate to Midway Golf Course, for having the worst score after nine holes.
Eddie Johnson, a spokesman for the club, offered thanks to John Velasquez for bringing five teams to play in the tournament and Cliff Fink for “a great job of getting the pin prizes and making this event a true fundraiser for our club. This was a great turnout for our club and it was a fun event.
“Jenny and Brooke ran the beer, brat and Polish stop on No. 4 that was sponsored by the Greybull Body Shop and everyone was able to take a little time and enjoy the food and drinks. Bob and family did an outstanding job of entertaining the golfers and made sure everyone had fun.”
The course is in great shape and remains open for golfers.
Tickets for the ball drop fundraiser remain and can be purchased at the clubhouse or from board members.
Additional information about other upcoming events at the course will be published as it becomes available.