This week in the Standard:
• The reopening of Wyoming is set to begin on Friday when gyms, barbershops, salons and daycares will be allowed to open, if they choose.
• The hospital district’s financial struggles continue. Like others around the nation, it’s suffered as patients have put off elective procedures and avoided facilities due to fears about COVID-19.
• The GHS speech team finally made it to its state speech meet and while the team title wasn’t in the cards, several individuals made strong impressions on the judges.
• Read about how the nursing home is using Zoom to bridge the gap between its residents and their loved ones who are now allowed to see them in person.
• Long before virtual school, communities like Shell, Emblem and Otto were served by one-room schoolhouses. A second batch of historical issues, this one focusing on Otto and Emblem, appears in this issue.
We appreciate all of our print and online readers. If there’s a story angle you think we should pursue — be it on COVID or something off the beaten path — please give us a call or drop us a line. That’s why we are here.
And before signing off, to the barbers, hairstylists, daycare owners and staff and gym workers who are going back to work, we extend a hearty WELCOME BACK. We missed you.